Departmental Patent/IPR Initiatives:
Department of Applied Sciences has so far filed 10 Patent applications. Out of them, 2 US- Patents were granted and 2 Indian-patents were granted. The details of all filed/ granted patents are described as follows:
- Identification of Specific Class of Quasi-Periodic Signals From the Phase-Space Fractal Dimension of its Different Order-Features. Prof. T. Lahiri, Upendra Kumar, Arunava Das Roy, Hrishikesh Mishra, Subrata Sarkar, M. D. Tiwari. (India)
- Capillary electrophoresis chip. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Prof. Soumyo Mukherji. (USA)
- Polymer Analysis Chip. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Prof. Soumyo Mukherji. (USA)
- A method and system for velocity measurement of a fluid in a channel. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Prof. Soumyo Mukherji, Sonali Tripathy. (India)
- Micro device for separating blood plasma from whole human blood and method for making the same. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Prof. Amit Agrawal, Y.V. Balavarun Kumar. (India)
- A cost effective and disposable micropump for lab on chip applications. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Prof. Amit Agrawal, B.S. Bharat. (India)
- A Microfluidic Device with Immobilized Nano-Particles and Coupled Ultraviolet Light Source, for Water Disinfection. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Mehul Agrawal, Neha Mishra, Dr. Deepti Verma, Dr. Vishnu Agrawal. (India)
- A Portable Corona-Discharge System with Custom Made Electrodes, for PDMS Hydrophilic Treatment, and Bonding for Microfluidic Chip Fabrication. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Amar Dhwaj, Neha Mishra, Rohit Vishwakarma. (India)
- Apparatuses and Methods for Separation of Suspended Particles Present in Liquid. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Praveen Kumar, Neha Mishra Ankur Jaiswar, Dr. Deepti Verma. (India)
- Cost-effective micro impedance pump for lab on chip applications. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Amar Dhwaj. (India)
- Optical wave guide based temperature sensor for diverse microfludic application. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Neha Mishra, Dr. Deepti Verma. (India)
- Orally administered osmotic pump for drug delivery. Dr. Amit Prabhakar, Komal Sharma. (India)
Departmental projects: 13
External Funded by DST, MeITy, DBT – 07
IIITA Seed Grant – 06
Total Conferences conducted (Last four years): 02
- International Conference BSB2016- March 3rd-5th, 2016
- International Conference BSB2018- October 26th-30th, 2018
Total Workshops conducted (Last four years): 07
- Workshop on “Weather Data Modeling and Simulation” for IT professionals on 5 November 2016
- Workshop on Systems Biology, RNA Seq Technology-March 2016
- Workshop on Systems Biology, Chip-Seq Technology- October2018
- Workshop on Virtual Screening and Molecular Dynamics- March 2018
- Summer Camp (Dronathon)- 1st to 10th June 2018
- Workshop on “(ExpEYES) Interfacing Physics Experiments to Convert your PC into Physics Laboratory”, 21-22 April, 2018
- Conducted 10 Days MHRD Global Initiates of Academic Networks (GIAN) Course on “Numerical Methods on Transport Phenomenon (NMTP)” March 26th – 4th April, 2018, with Foreign Faculty Prof Jean-Pierre Fontaine, UBP, France.
- Droaeordy Private Limited, startup by founders Paawan Kumar and Shefali Vinod Ramteke, incubated by IIIT Allahabad Info-Communication Incubation Centre (IIIC), powered by Ministry of IT and Electronics, mentored by Dr. Pritish Varadwaj and Dr. Suneel Yadav.
- Pankaj Kumar has got the Incubation project and incubated a company named – SYNAPSO PVT LTD, and he is the CEO of the company. He has developed few Healthcare products, which are under trials.
Other Start-Up Initiatives/ New-Gen IEDC:
- A Portable Corona-Discharge System with Custom Made Electrodes for PDMS Hydrophilic treatment and Bonding for Microfluidic Chip Fabrication. [Based on Patent Filed: Indian Patent Application Number: 201811028599; Date of Filing: 30/07/2018]
- Cost Effective Micro Impedance Pump For Potential Application in the Micro-fluidics & Bio-Medical Domain. [Based on Patent Filed: Indian Patent Application Number: 201911039486. Date of Filing: 30/09/2019]
- Design and Implementation on Advanced 3D Printed Human-Prosthetics. Generation of IPR is in progress, as drafting process for filing patent application is under process.
- Design and development of cost-effective e-bikes.Generation of IPR is in progress, as drafting process for filing patent application is under process.